Saturday, February 6, 2010

Oh Silly Me

I heard/read the word SILLY three times last week; "silly-willy!", "don't be silly" "Silly fun times!" including today. It's a really cute word, even when someone's being sarcastic.

Here is to good ol' silly:

* SILLY times (Rasha MK appreciation): just silly fun times. They're spontaneous and goofy.
* You realize that you were making a big deal out of nothings after you've encountered any kind of silly.
* Silly is associated with hope in a way.

Unfortunately you can't just force a silly, it just happens. You could help by telling yourself that 'you're being silly'!

Bohoma istuti, Appreciated,

Wesam

1 comment:

  1. W -- Sorry to hear that your last couple of weeks haven't been awesome. I hope that today was better than yesterday for you (and not as good as tomorrow)...

    As for this week's post, I think you're on to something here. Sometimes in my office, I feel that people are waaaay to serious and uptight, and that negative energy has a detrimental impact on productivity and worker satisfaction. You look at companies like Google (where they have professional massage therapists on-site) or NetFlix (where employees don't even have to show up in the office, as long as the work gets done) and you see that many workplaces see how a relaxed atmosphere can actually increase productivity.

    For my part, I've tried to instill some of that in my office by playing ridiculous music every once in a while, or launching a beach ball into my neighbor's office. I went to Toys R Us a couple of months ago in search of NERF guns, but they didn't have any. It might be a bit extreme, but nothing says silly like NERF.

    Happy Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete